Monday, February 23, 2009

More Dynamic Texture Stuff

So I came up with a solution to the virtual inability of Matlab pre v7.7 to work with video data. I ended up creating a program to spit out the frames of a video as .jpg files, then feeding those images to a matlab .m file to create a Matlab video, and finally downloading the latest Indeo video codec so that matlab could resave the video as an .avi file that it could read in the future. A time consuming and ass-backwords way of dealing with the problem but it saved me from having to buy the latest version Matlab :-P

Next I read a bunch more on dynamic texture analysis. According to the work of Doretto, Soatto and others, dynamic texture recognition can be viewed roughly as a three stage process
  1. learning the texture models
  2. calculating the distance between the distance between the models
  3. classify candidate dynamic texture using nearest neighbor or other approach
I've currently got a matlab model which performs step 1, and step 3 should be really easy. However, I'm still trying to understand how to compute the Martin distance defined in R. J. Martin. A metric for ARMA processes. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 48(4):1164–70, April 2000.

In the mean time I've also started to create a small database of positive and negative dynamic fire-texture example videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment