Monday, February 2, 2009

Frame Differencing

Status report
  • Time spent on frame differencing? Lots.
  • Feelings about OpenCV? Hatred (even more than usual).
  • Actual progress? Far less then hoped for.
Anyway, I tried to get OpenCV to work with my fire video data. No luck. Nothing. Nada. Then I stumbled upon this little optical flow tutorial/code base by David Stavens at Stanford. It had code dealing with video data which happened to be very similar to mine. However, he also had some video data. When I ran that data through my code everything worked. So I then scoured the net for a new video converter to replace the STOIK video converter which apparently pumped out videos that were incompatible with OpenCV. I ended up using FormatFactory video converter to reconvert all of my fire videos from wmv to avi.

Then I mucked around with OpenCV to get it to do frame differencing on the fire videos. The battle was long and fierce, and for a while things were looking grim. However, I managed to passify OpenCV and get a simple frame differencing program working. The following are the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment